Hello and Welcome! I’m Kara Joy with Thankfully Taken. My goal as wedding photographer is to make this one aspect of the planning process simple. Photography is more than just images, it’s a real part of your day. Not only do you deserve beautiful images, you also deserve an amazing photographic experience. When my couples feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, that results in authentic, joyful images! Your wedding day is an experience from beginning to end and your photography is a huge part of that experience..... shouldn’t it be fun? and enjoyable? and natural? I think so! My goal is to not only capture memories for my clients, it’s to create an experience that they will never forget.
Because I believe that getting to know my clients is the #1 way to ensure an awesome experience, I’d love to tell you a little about me! Here are a few things you should know!
- I have been married to my sweetheart for 11 years!
- We have two beautiful children.
- We currently live just outside of Memphis, TN... but we spend as much time as possible in Vermont with Family.
- Love, Love, Love to travel... always planning the next trip.
- I am obsessed with all things Disney!
- I am slightly addicted with home design, decorating, & re-decorating.
- I fall in love with all my amazing couples.
- I cry at almost every wedding and hide it behind my camera.
- I love creating beautiful images but more importantly, I love serving couples on one of the greatest days of their lives!!
Emily has been behind a camera for about 5 years, but she has had a love affair with photography her entire life. She loves the way photographs tell a story, and feels honored to be able to help other people tell their own.
Emily and I met in 2014, and she began exclusively second shooting all weddings. At most weddings, Emily can be found trying to capture candid moments and making people laugh. I am so Thankful to have her as part of my team.
Now that you have gotten to know a few things about us I would love to hear about you. Lets connect soon!